The Eden Valley Mountaineering Club is a very informal club covering a wide range of outdoor activities.
There is a programme of meets during the year –
- Weekly Wednesday evening meets at the Eden Climbing Wall in Penrith
- Weekly Wednesday evening, rock climbing meets in the summer
- Monthly Day meets throughout the year.
- A number of Weekend meets to the Scotland, Peak and Wales.
- Over the years there have also been several “hot rocking” trips to Euro-rock during the winter months as well as some skitouring trips.
The Club’s website is www.evmc.co.uk and there is an Email group to keep members in touch.
Newsletters are produced during the year to record and promote activities and Lectures and Talks are arranged during the winter months.
The club is affiliated to the British Mountaineering Council.
There is an Annual General Meeting as well as and an Annual Dinner linked with a Fell Race, around Gowbarrow.
Club membership currently stands at about 60 with the interest and commitments of club members varying widely. Rock climbing, fell walking, fell running, winter mountaineering, bolt clipping, skiing, skitouring, kayaking, caving, mountain rescue, alpinism (and beyond) are all represented at a wide range of standards.
I hope that you are interested in joining us and I look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to phone or email me or come along on a Wednesday evening and meet some members.
Al Davis – EVMC Secretary
Please open below for membership form –